What is a Porcelain Bridge?
Dental bridges, or more specifically, a porcelain bridge is a treatment option for replacing a missing tooth. A porcelain bridge is a highly aesthetic and functional option that will replace the lost tooth.
Who is a candidate for a Porcelain Bridge?
If you have lost a tooth or teeth that has resulted in a gap between your remaining teeth, you are possibly a candidate for a dental bridge. Your other options are implants, or removable partial denture. When you schedule a consultation with a Go Smiles Dentist, we will review each of these options with you to find out which is the best treatment for you.
What are the advantages of a Porcelain Bridge?
- Dental bridges are a highly aesthetic option for replacing a lost tooth
- Bridges made at Go Smiles look and feel and function like natural teeth
What are the disadvantages of a Porcelain Bridge?
- The teeth on either side of the missing tooth or teeth must be prepared for a restoration
- Flossing is more difficult because all the teeth are connected with the dental bridge
- If one of the teeth under the bridge has a problem, the entire bridge must be replaced
How long do they last?
If you care for your teeth the way we recommend, then your porcelain bridge should last a long time. Our Go Smiles cosmetic dentists guarantee their work for years.
How much do they cost?
Dental bridges are a multi-tooth restoration; they will typically cost several times more than a traditional crown.